Well, this last session was pretty successful. We learned some good stuff, we fought some good fights. Anyasi had a successful first real interaction with the party, while Marsh showed off his stuff.
-It’s been a week since the Baron was killed. Serrak went out chasing the assassin, while Cerrak assumed the duties of the Baron. The tournament was set to continue in honor of the Baron, while the grand melee would still decide the successor of the Baron. However, everyone was unsure how the loser would respond.
- Anyasi and Eryvon entered in the first heat of the tournament. Anyasi would go through, while Eryvon was not so successful.
- Marsh showed his tournament skill, going through to the final heat with Anyasi despite some setbacks during the fight as well as accidentally killing one of his opponents (Velvet). He did gain some odd curved wands with some sort of trigger that even Svatt was unable to identify.
- The Green Wanderer gave us the letters, which led the party to some interesting information. The letters implied that Cerrak had some connection to the recent coup of the Thieves Guild, working with a certain L, which we think to be Lirk. It gave other incriminating information, but we were unable to discern what it all meant.
- Before the final heat, the party decided to ask both Jingo and Coppertongue about the letters, as a gnome was mentioned in the letters and both were connected to the Thieves Guild.
- Jingo wasn’t the gnome in the letter, but did say his mistress spoke of some information in the letter.
- Coppertongue was the gnome in letter, but was unable to give any more information. However, he did promise help to the party as we gathered more information. He seemed trustworthy, as revealing Cerrak too early would help nobody. He wanted to hurt those that hurt him but realized gathering more information would be the next best step.
- The party gave Cerrak one of the letters, the one that had the information we already knew through Cerrak. We didn’t want Cerrak to know we were onto him, but we did want to give the impression of a useful party.
- Marsh and Anyasi entered the final heat, where they noticed both Cerrak and Serrak were sitting in Baron’s chairs. Serrak had returned from his unsuccessful chase after the assassin.
- The grand melee went on, with Marsh and a dwarf being the last two standing. Serrak then announced that the fight was to the death, to the pleasure of the crowd but to the extreme displeasure of Marsh. Marsh managed to dispose of the dwarf after the dwarf had used all of his spells. He didn’t however kill him, but left him alive despite Serrak’s wishes.
- Marsh received his prize money, and talked to Serrak afterwards. Serrak said he had announced the final fight to be to the death because of the dwarf. He didn’t say much, but did say the dwarf was most likely bad news for the city.
- Marsh was given one day to decide who would be the Baron of the city. He is to announce it the day after the tournament in the public town square at noon.